Vanilla Lush Japanese Flocked Mesh KnitMarcy Tilton Fabrics
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Clear white mesh is over-printed with black velvety flowers. Gorgeous and very unusual. With a super soft hand and drape, sheer with 2-way stretch. It can be fun to layer a mesh over an opaque knit or woven for a new effect. Try this over different colors and see what wonderful options there are. Use in a single layer for a simple top, T or dress and wear a cami or slip dress underneath, or line, I use these sheers for sleeves, edgings and trims.
Stitching over the open spaces in lace and mesh could cause problems. Totally Stable to the rescue.
- While you can use tissue paper or even computer paper, Totally Stable works like a charm because it is designed as a tear-away for machine embroiderers. It is a fusible too, but I ignore that entirely.
- One side has a light fusible and is slightly shiny, the other is matte. It comes in white and black. (On a side note, this works beautifully on knits to prevent waffling and rippling).
- It does not matter which side is up. I cut a batch into 1" strips, place on top of the area to be sewn and stitch away. On a long seam, just overlap the strips.
- Even works on curves. Curve or cut in sections to fit as Totally Stable is soft and a bit malleable.
- It tears away easily, does not get caught in the stitching, even tiny stitches, it sort of dissolves. If some remains in the stitches it is easy to pull out, which is not the case with other papers like computer paper or tissue paper
Pre-treat by machine wash gentle and air dry, and do the same after sewing.