Around The Block Mesh Knit
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Geometric irregular rectangular blocks in teal, accented with black on a gray background. Semi sheer with 4 way stretch. Use in a single layer for a simple top or T and wear a cami underneath, or line, or use double for more coverage. I use these sheers for sleeves, edgings and trims, and they make a great little shrug or leggings too. Perfect for the little cardi in Marcy's dress+cardi pattern: Vogue 8975, or for the cardi in Marcy's 'block' dress design, Vogue 9081, or for a simple little T-shirt as used in Vogue 9057, view A.
Pre-treat by wash/dry gentle.
Stitching over the open spaces in lace and mesh could cause problems. Totally Stable to the rescue.
- While you can use tissue paper or even computer paper, Totally Stable works like a charm because it is designed as a tear-away for machine embroiderers. It is a fusible too, but I ignore that entirely.
- One side has a light fusible and is slightly shiny, the other is matte. It comes in white and black. (On a side note, this works beautifully on knits to prevent waffling and rippling).
- It does not matter which side is up. I cut a batch into 1" strips, place on top of the area to be sewn and stitch away. On a long seam, just overlap the strips.
- Even works on curves. Curve or cut in sections to fit as Totally Stable is soft and a bit malleable.
- It tears away easily, does not get caught in the stitching, even tiny stitches, it sort of dissolves. If some remains in the stitches it is easy to pull out, which is not the case with other papers like computer paper or tissue paper
Pre-treat by machine wash gentle and air dry, and do the same after sewing.