Burnt Russet Lace
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Beautiful geometric lace in an unusual rusty terra cotta tone. Has an appealing soft hand and drape, stable with just a touch of crosswise stretch. Lace has become a desired fashion item, I saw it used in Paris at all price points. This is a particularly lovely one. Perfect for a jacket, dress, cardi, T, tunic, shell, vest, skirt, ideal for a layering piece. From an upscale SF designer.
Katherine used this fabric to whip up a vest in an afternoon, a great summer layering piece. She used an out of print pattern. Her notes on sewing:
- Trimmed selvedge so that the scallops would go down the front
- Sewed with a walking foot
- Used a French seam in back of neck & lower back diagonal seamline
- Staystitched neck and armcye edges to stabilize
- Trimmed upper back V edge fabric to form scallops and overlapped them on back. Stitched in place twice with a small zig-zag and trimmed excess on the back
- Armcye seam allowances turned back and zig-zagged in place
- Hem folded over and zig-zagged in place
Machine or hand wash gentle.