Ivory Medallion Dots Mesh Knit
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Allover one inch woven in dots on soft, drapey, very nice quality sheer mesh knit in a warm toned ivory. Smooth hand, very soft drape with crosswise stretch. Use in a single layer for a layering top, tank or T. Line with a solid/opaque knit for more opaque coverage. I use this type of knit for sheer sleeves, trims, edgings and bindings. Seen in RTW as underskirts, layered skirts, ruffles etc. From an upscale SF designer.
Pre-treat by hand launder and air dry.
Stitching over the open spaces in lace and mesh could cause problems. Totally Stable to the rescue.
- While you can use tissue paper or even computer paper, Totally Stable works like a charm because it is designed as a tear-away for machine embroiderers. It is a fusible too, but I ignore that entirely.
- One side has a light fusible and is slightly shiny, the other is matte. It comes in white and black. (On a side note, this works beautifully on knits to prevent waffling and rippling).
- It does not matter which side is up. I cut a batch into 1" strips, place on top of the area to be sewn and stitch away. On a long seam, just overlap the strips.
- Even works on curves. Curve or cut in sections to fit as Totally Stable is soft and a bit malleable.
- It tears away easily, does not get caught in the stitching, even tiny stitches, it sort of dissolves. If some remains in the stitches it is easy to pull out, which is not the case with other papers like computer paper or tissue paper