Matte Black Sequins Mesh
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Unusual and intriguing! Thin matte black sequins are mechanically stitched to a fine grained black tulle base in an abstract art deco design. The result is soft and fluid, the sequins have a matte texture, has a touch of crosswise stretch. For a layering tunic, trim, cardi or shrug, top layer on a skirt or dress or.....
Stitching over the open spaces in lace and mesh could cause problems. Totally Stable to the rescue.
- While you can use tissue paper or even computer paper, Totally Stable works like a charm because it is designed as a tear-away for machine embroiderers. It is a fusible too, but I ignore that entirely.
- One side has a light fusible and is slightly shiny, the other is matte. It comes in white and black. (On a side note, this works beautifully on knits to prevent waffling and rippling).
- It does not matter which side is up. I cut a batch into 1" strips, place on top of the area to be sewn and stitch away. On a long seam, just overlap the strips.
- Even works on curves. Curve or cut in sections to fit as Totally Stable is soft and a bit malleable.
- It tears away easily, does not get caught in the stitching, even tiny stitches, it sort of dissolves. If some remains in the stitches it is easy to pull out, which is not the case with other papers like computer paper or tissue paper
I would not pre-treat this (should be hand wash-able), so if you want to hand launder/air dry, make a test first.