Scribbles Mesh Knit
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Irregular white lines enhance a black background on this mesh from Spirit House. This sketchy geometric print will layer beautifully over white or black tones. For the brave, it can be fun to layer a mesh print over an opaque print, either a knit or woven for a new effect. Crosswise stretch with slight lengthwise stretch. Use in a single layer for a simple top or T and wear a cami underneath, or line, or use double for more coverage. I use these sheers for sleeves, edgings and trims, and they make a great little shrug or leggings too. Perfect for the little cardi in Marcy's dress+cardi pattern: Vogue 8975, or for the cardi in Marcy's 'block' dress design, Vogue 9081
Stitching over the open spaces in lace and mesh could cause problems. Totally Stable to the rescue.
- While you can use tissue paper or even computer paper, Totally Stable works like a charm because it is designed as a tear-away for machine embroiderers. It is a fusible too, but I ignore that entirely.
- One side has a light fusible and is slightly shiny, the other is matte. It comes in white and black. (On a side note, this works beautifully on knits to prevent waffling and rippling).
- It does not matter which side is up. I cut a batch into 1" strips, place on top of the area to be sewn and stitch away. On a long seam, just overlap the strips.
- Even works on curves. Curve or cut in sections to fit as Totally Stable is soft and a bit malleable.
- It tears away easily, does not get caught in the stitching, even tiny stitches, it sort of dissolves. If some remains in the stitches it is easy to pull out, which is not the case with other papers like computer paper or tissue paper
Limited quantity available.
Pre-treat by machine wash gentle and air dry, and do the same after sewing.