White Grid Mesh Knit
PRICED AND SOLD BY THE 1/2 YARD
EXAMPLE: TO ORDER 2.5 YARDS ENTER 5 IN THE QUANTITY BOX
Pure white woven in grid design on soft, drapey, very nice quality sheer mesh knit. Smooth hand, fluid drape, crosswise stretch with no rolling at the cut edge. Use in a single layer for a layering top, tank or T. Line with a solid/opaque knit or make the body double for more opaque coverage. I use this type of knit for sheer tunic or t-shirt, little cardigan, sleeves, trims, edgings and bindings. Seen in RTW as underskirts, layered skirts, ruffles etc.
Stitching over the open spaces in a mesh could cause problems. Totally Stable to the rescue.
- While you can use tissue paper or even computer paper, Totally Stable works like a charm because it is designed as a tear-away for machine embroiderers. It is a fusible too, but I ignore that entirely.
- One side has a light fusible and is slightly shiny, the other is matte. It comes in white and black. (On a side note, this works beautifully on knits to prevent waffling and rippling).
- It does not matter which side is up. I cut a batch into 1" strips, place on top of the area to be sewn and stitch away. On a long seam, just overlap the strips.
- Even works on curves. Curve or cut in sections to fit as Totally Stable is soft and a bit malleable.
- It tears away easily, does not get caught in the stitching, even tiny stitches, it sort of dissolves. If some remains in the stitches it is easy to pull out, which is not the case with other papers like computer paper or tissue paper
Pre-treat by wash/dry gentle. After sewing, wash gentle and air dry.